Celebrating The Peak of Good Living
2017 Apex PeakFest
Saturday, May 6, 2017
Historic Downtown Apex
Salem Street in historic downtown Apex will come alive during PeakFest! For more than thirty years, PeakFest has brought families together for a day of fun, food and fellowship. The event, which is referred to as an arts and crafts festival, has deep roots within the Apex community. What started as a small community day in a school parking lot has grown into an event that draws hundreds of vendors and over 22,000 people to the streets of downtown Apex. Every year, the Apex Festival Commission plans a bigger and more exciting day.
PeakFest is the largest public event in Apex and, it is about more than fun. Live music all day, artist of every kind (jewelry, pottery, watercolor and acrylic), entertainment for the kids, food that you would find at the fair, and so much more! Vendors are charged a fee to participate and businesses become sponsors, helping to offset the expenses of the day.
The Apex Festival Commission is responsible for hosting the event. They are a group of volunteers who donate their time year round. The members are:
Apex Festival Commission
- Chair: Jeff Hastings, Burke Brothers Hardware
- Sponsorship, Volunteers, and Grants: Nancy Haywood, The Moore Agency Team of Allstate
- Food/Vendor Concessions: David Wood, Town of Apex Parks and Recreation Department
- Logistics: John Brown, Town of Apex, Director of Parks and Recreation
- Entertainment: Rick Gardner,
- Finance: Lashonza Brown, Yadkin Bank
- Marketing: Olivia Scott, Promotional Partners Inc.
- Website and Social Media: Taylor Wray, Town of Apex Parks and Recreation Department
- At Large: Marlow Campbell, Campbell Insurance Agency- Nationwide
- ADBA Liaison: Ed Majowski, Random 434 Boutique
- Apex Chamber Liaison: Sharon Galluzzo, Home Video Studios
As stated in the Town of Apex Municipal Code Section 15-9(h): Animals are prohibited at the festivals except as part of officially approved activities or as reasonably necessary to assist disabled persons.